Monday, July 2, 2007

ok, ok

Out of my desire to keep everyone posted on my life and out of a sincere fear that if I don't post more often Harrison is going to kill me in my sleep, here I am again. Things are still going well for me here at the farm. I got paid for the first time yesterday which was pretty nice. They said that they wanted to pay me under the table, and I agreed. However, then I started to think about it, and it seems a little hypocritical of me to do that because I generally support the idea of paying taxes in hopes that our government will use the funds wisely (hey, I'm a dreamer). But of course I do not like the way our current government is using tax dollars to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. So I thought that maybe I will just figure our what I would pay in taxes and instead donate that money to organizations that I think are doing things that I wish my taxes went towards. Let me know what you think of this idea or if you have a better idea (this is really not a huge issue because I hardly pay any taxes on my $900/month anyway). So I have been doing some sweet cooking lately. I made some biscuts the other day and had some kick ass strawberry shortcake. Then last weekend I made a coffee cake with a crumbly topping, decent. I also have been cooking some eggplant parmesean and I made pesto with basil from my farm.

My work is still going well. I had to slaugther chickens the other day. That was a pretty intense experience that I will gladly discuss with anyone who wants to, but I don't think I can express myself clearly in writing. Suffice it to say, I had mixed feelings about the whole thing. I have been doing a bunch of bike riding to and from the pub and other places around Hudson. This past saturday I rode my bike to take my five hour course, which means that matt lapennas may soon have his driver's liscense. Oh shit. That is a rough picture of what I have been up to with lots of gardening and feeding animals in between. I miss everyone a lot and I can't wait to see the people who are going to be at fiona's house in a couple weeks. Hope everyone is doing well. Bye bye.

2 comments:

fiona said...

yayyy license!
tonight, i played trivial pursuit, and kept thinking of that time we all played and you got so pissed when "the girls" got the lance armstrong question, because the bike was a dead giveaway!
miss you so.
can't wait to be a crazy goof with you. <3

H-Bomb? said...

I WANT TO RIDE MY BI-CYCLE, BI-CYCLE, BICYCLE BICYCLE BICYCLE BICYCLE RACE