Monday, January 14, 2008

It's much better with the "shaboom shaboom"

EDIT: I do not know what happened to this video, but I can't seem to fix it. 30 seconds of sound with a sped up 2 minutes of visual. It's really bizarre.


I'm uploading this video at the request of one Harrison Watkins. It is 1:30AM and I rerecorded it cause it was too big, but it also means I'm a little bit suckier than I normally am, so please keep that in mind (though I doubt the true statements community will judge me too harshly) H-bomb promised to upload a very specific and hilarious picture of himself in return, so I hope he follows through, for the sake of all of our enjoyment. I just started to play the guitar this semester, as inspired and encouraged by my roomie Phil...and I've finally started to learn some songs and rock outttt! I also got a new laptop this break with sweet webcam options (Matt Lapennas, you know you love the webcam), which has resulted in way too many hours in my room playing with the guitar and webcam or BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

This break has been lovely. Gosia, A polish foreign exchange student that I was wonderfully close with my senior year of high school and have kept in contact with ever since, came back to the states for a few days to visit and it was absolutely wonderful. She is an amazing person who, at 22 has already visited like a bajillion places, speaks 3 languages fluently, and helped to start a non-profit organization for kids she taught in Madagascar. She's one of those people that makes you feel bad about how little you've accomplished, yet simultaneously gives you hope for the future of humanity.

Other than that? I worked at questar with crazy kids, received my first grad school grades (Dean's list heck yes!), and spent crazy amounts of time with friends and family. The dragoncloud crew came to visit albany, which was the bomb diggs, and we went dancing at a very gay and transsexual friendly 80s dance night at the fuze box in Albany. We boogied up a storm with a whole host of interesting characters..and it somehow resulted in me going on a few dates with a random indie rock looking boy with a v neck t-shirt that I danced with that night. Though the V neck was darling, he turned out to not be my prince charming in the end (though he DID have old saved by the bell episodes on DVD, which was a major plus).

I've gotten to see the fabulous Fiona Murray a lot this break (though we haven't made cooks ONCE! We will remedy this, tuesday), and a little bit of Harrison and an even LITTLER bit of Matt Lapennas (cause I suck and get sleepy and don't visit people like a lame-o). Just got back from NYC today on a trip for MORE visiting of people I haven't seen in way too long: I'm grateful for everyone I did see, but wish there were more mandatory holidays for people to come home for, goddamnit. President's day? Groundhog day? We need more vacations!!! I love you all, and I'm gonna get back to my quest to be an indie-folk superstar. Hope everyone's doing well!

3 comments:

H-Bomb? said...

i forget what picture of myself i promised...

Kris said...

http://geneseo.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=511034630506

for anyone who cares for the full version

H-Bomb? said...

you love being sped up. you sound awesome though!