Tuesday, August 7, 2007

ireland =)

i came home a week ago from a ten day whirlwind trip to ireland with my brothers and my cousin patrick. thought i would share a couple pictures and some brief and completely snark-free commentary!












the strapping young lads i travelled with! left-right, pat, tim, ed.





this is me at the cliffs of moher, on the first day, strikingly irish looking, if i do say so myself!









this is my great aunt kathleen, my grandmother's youngest sister, standing in front of the field she and my grandmother and their eight other siblings would cross to get to school everyday, in a small country town in co. galway. this lady looks and talks exactly like my grandmother and meeting her felt familiar in the nicest way.





this is in galway city-- my cousin margaret in front and her husband ollie behind her. note ollie's teeth. this is a man who, the following night, lost hist two false front teeth in the pub, found them on the ground a floor below us, threw them into a cup of cider, and popped those bad boys right back in.


these are my cousins from dublin... really nice bunch.


this is in kilmainham gaol in dublin, which aside from being where In the Name of the Father was shot, was where many Irish nationalists were held and executed during the revolution and civil war. The inscription, written by once prisoners, reads "BEWARE OF THE RISEN PEOPLE --THAT HAVE HARRIED AND HELD, YE THAT HAVE BULLIED AND BRIBED."

This one's for the DDL fanclub.

Bedtime! Work in the morn.

xoxo

Emily

4 comments:

H-Bomb? said...

PINTS OF GUINNESS MAKE YOU STRONGER!

-Against Me!

fiona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fiona said...

the one of your great aunt is beautiful.
<3

Matt said...

Love the false tooth story. Especially because it was cider that he plunked them into.