Friday, August 24, 2007

who's procrastinating? fiones is!


http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vqn5f2ISnvo

sleepy days, and sunny dresses

my sweet summer, can you really be done?
soon i'll be back to "work", and doin' what i think is right.
back i'll be to my beloveds, back to long, tired nights.
time, it sure does seem to fly...
thinking about my lovely life, sometimes it makes me cry.
it started with checking off the list with my bridgie
then off to adventureland with h, each day was new,
bright as the sun, like two little kids.
early mornings with b.m., work days were few and far between,
but isn't that what youth should be, at least what i dream.
making it my personal duty to change the minds of those older than i,
more than just chopping, talking about life, baseball, childhood, and the quick passing of time.
fanny packs, hundreds of stickered posts [ny], and shared grins with toddlers,
sometimes it's the people you call strangers that make the days worth going through it seems.
constant talk of the council, neverending phone calls, and possible loss of job.
days filled with tears, and fears, where one speech can make all the difference.
daily trips to uncommon, walks down the sticky alley
to the place where i borrowed so many texts and films that i hoped to fill my nights with,
instead i chose letters, postcards, the interweb, through which i expressed my love, and my stories, music and trailers.
trips down the northway, seemed to drift by without a sound,
quickly running down the contacts list, made it seem like you were all riding alongside me.
off to the capital, wsl, and that tall kid on the farm.
so many cooks, so many laughs, so much was "false", yet true at the same time.
evenings in the heat-filled church, lemonade from the mix, the mate for conversations in broken english,
desperately trying to connect with those whose lives i can only hope to understand.
now i'm off to big blue, where i embark on a new Quest.
excited about new adventures, with the old and the new.
more coffs, more talks, more sharing, more =).


i hope everyone is happy and well.
talk soon.
all my love.
<3 fiones

2 comments:

The Punk Patriot said...

this is by far the best blog post i have ever seen.

H-Bomb? said...

sorry! that was me signed in as someone else!