Thursday, September 27, 2007

From the Burlington skid.

Howdy folks,

Been a while since I've heard from most of you, but now that I've hooked up a router to my neighbor's computer I am once again a semi-active social member of the World Wide Web. I hope you all had a good summer. I've been living in Burlington with my younger brother. He just graduated high school and is rocking out for a year before college, working at an outdoor gear store. I'm getting my hands dirty in the fly fashion of our agrarian brother Matt, working at a local vineyard. It's a fourth generation farm, so sometimes I have random jobs like painting barns and driving cattle, but mostly I work out in the vines and make booze in the winery. It's pretty awesome. I have about a 45 minute commute to and from work, which is not very economical when you work on a farm. It's also not efficient enough for most farmers, but for those of us whose love for farming is matched by an equal love for partying, compromises must be made. That's actually false. I've been a total bum this summer, maxing and relaxing, and doing a very minimal amount of partying. Aside from work, I climb an occasional mountain and I fight gutter-punks (there are a lot in Burlington), but that's less for pleasure than it is training. See you all for the revolution, or come visit Burlington, or maybe I'll make it to Geneseo for those of you who are still there. Peace and hope.

Dan Badger.

1 comment:

H-Bomb? said...

the gutter punks in cleveland fight dirty.