Saturday, September 22, 2007

Goings on

Hi Everyone,
So I am still playing in Hudson Valley soil and chasing cows. Actually, I have been getting chased by cows more than chasing them. The other day I went to the pasture to check on them and make sure they were happy and this one calf started to charge at me and then stop a few feet away. It was actually pretty cute and not all that threatening but I definitely gave that calf a stare down to back it off. Bovines can't handle Matt Lapennas' glare for long. On thursday Cecile and I made a ton of pesto because we have all of this basil and a frost is coming soon and the basil will die at that point. So we made like 25 pints of the stuff and it was fun. It will be pretty cool to have all of that pesto stored up once the winter hits.

So next weekend I am going to visist Geneseo and it sounds like I am walking into a maelstrom of acticity and stressed out folks, but I guess that is what happens when they are working like crazy people for TGVL, SPSI, InfoShare, and FARI. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone still in Geneseo and having a little break from work and the farm life. I guess that I am really realizing that no matter how much I enjoy the work I am doing, I definitely need a break from it every so often. I hope that everyone is doing well in their respective places. You are all in my thoughts daily as I pick tomatoes and feed the chickens. peace.

love, Matt

No comments: