Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I would probably torture a baby for ice cream"- Matt Lapennas

Yes, Matt Lapennas did actually say that and yes, it really was one of the funniest moments of my life.

Life in connecticut has gotten steadily better. It started out kinda isolated (the most frequent visitors to my back door are not people, but deer and turkey. I am not lying.) The a cappella thing here didn't work out quite as well as I hoped, but this resulted in the decision to join the kayaking club. They teach you how to properly roll your kayak and everything! And paddle cause I don't know how to do that either! I don't even have a kayak! This should be an interesting experience to say the least...but tomorrow is the first meeting and there's free pizza, so things are looking up already.

For anyone who hasn't heard already, my roommate was pretty much sent to me through divine intervention of sorts. He may even be Jesus himself in disguise, but it's too early to tell. He's friendly, kind, funny, sweet, considerate, and relentlessly pleasant, but not annoyingly so. I say things like "man, we should really put up those smoke alarms" or "my desk chair is still in the box but there are too many pieces and I don't feel like putting it together" and SUDDENLY the smoke alarms are up, and my hot pink desk chair (no I do not lie, it is fabulous) is fully functional and sitting in my room. Today I wrestled with not one, but two routers for an hour and a half, trying to get internet to work in both of our computers. I left to go to class, and came back with a note on the message board that says "wireless should work now". I left him a note back that said "wait, why are you superman?"

Phil and I managed to scavenge these stools out of our apartment's dumpster area the other day that are totally sweet; the covers are christmas themed, one of them being many bears dressed up as santa and playing a myriad of instruments. We originally thought to re-cover them with something more aesthetically pleasing, but they might be just too priceless as is.

In other news, Harrison and I are both looking for a personal back masseuse. I finally have the internet in my apartment. Matt Lapennas loves to pick cabbages. Fiones will not stop making cooks. How about everybody else?

Lovelovelove
Kristine